If you want to give a new look to your wavy hair, you can try hair straightening technique. It is very easy on How to Use a Hair Straightener The Right Way Like a Pro Without Damaging Hair . But, you should know how to use a hair straightener correctly, otherwise you may end up burning your precious hair.
Things you need
- Hair straightener
- Hair clips
- Hair brush
- Time and Patience
Just follow the steps to use a hair straightener as mentioned below:
- Shampoo your hair and apply hair conditioner.
- Next, apply serum to wavy hair. The amount of hair serum to be used depends on your hair type and its length.
- Gently apply hair serum on your hair and rub into hair. This will smoothen your hair along its length.
- Start drying your hair using a hair dryer and paddle brush. This helps in drying your hair while brushing it. To minimize the harm caused to your hair, set the hairdryer temperature to medium until your hair is completely dry.
- For medium or long hair, you can use hair clips to divide your hair and focus on one section of hair at a time.
- Start with front section of hair and move the straightener downwards in a fast but smooth motion.
- Similarly, repeat this step on for the next section of hair, and continue performing it one small sections round your head.
- You should always start moving the straightener downwards from top of the head and continue until straightener covers all the sections of hair.
- You may need to repeat the process on larger sections of hair at least 2-3 times.
- Once you have straightened majority of hair, you should conclude the hair style by blending towards the hair ends. Remove the hair clips and run the straightener near the ends. Soon, you will have smooth, gleaming, and free straight hair lasting for a long time.
- While using hair straightener for the first time, you must ensure that you have plenty of time and not to do it in a hurry.
- Never use a hair straightener on wet hair until it is a wet and dry straightener.
- Straightening your back hair is a difficult task, therefore, you should go layer by layer.